Statement of Faith
We believe that God is a triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that all mankind is created by God in His image.
We believe that all people are sinful, since birth.
We believe that because of this, we need God the Father to pursue us, which He does because He loves us more than we ever dared to dream.
We believe that God is sovereign over all things and the maker of heaven and earth.
We believe that God the Father’s pursuit culminates in His sending of His one and only son, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mary and born unto her.
- We believe that he was both fully God and fully man – with two distinct natures in one person.
- We believe that he bore our sins upon the cross saving us from an eternal life of misery and bringing us into an eternal life of glory and grace.
- We believe that he really died, thus paying the price that our sins deserve.
- We believe that he really rose from the dead, thus defeating death for all-time for those who believe.
We believe that salvation comes only by this gracious act and not in anything we do to merit it, and we believe that in this act we are credited with His righteousness.
We believe that this act of supreme love is applied to our lives and his righteousness developed, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Bible is the very word of God given in love to his people, and the only absolute rule for trusting and following Him.
- We believe it is fully inspired by God in its original text.
- We believe it is inerrant, free from error.
- We believe it is completely trustworthy.
- We believe anyone can read it and understand what is needed for salvation, faith and practice without the need for a pastor/priest/bishop.
We believe that the Church is God’s chosen instrument to continue His work until He returns.
We believe that Jesus Christ will return to judge the world, thus ushering in a new age where all things will be made new and the effects of sin will be abolished forever.
* * *
South City Community School admits students of any race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.