South City Community School is an independent, urban Christian school in St. Louis, Missouri. Our curriculum and educational approach are based on the work of several key mentors, especially the 19th century British educator, Charlotte Mason. Ms. Mason’s philosophy and methods are based on her biblical worldview of children, families, God and school. Please read more here about our mission, vision, and educational approach.
There are no employment opportunities at this time.
Priority attributes/skills for all positions:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that embraces a Biblical worldview.
- Evidence of a demonstrated Christian lifestyle and regular church attendance.
- A passion for South City Community School’s mission and vision.
- A knowledge of or willingness to learn the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education.
- A desire for and understanding of working in a diverse urban context.
Application process for ALL positions is as follows:
- Familiarize yourself with SCCS’ website and the Charlotte Mason educational philosophy
- Email your resume and a little about your background / interest in the position
- Introductory visit to the school and classroom observation (~1 hr)
- Complete SCCS employment application (we will email this to you after your intro visit)
- Formal interview with the school administration
- Classroom teaching under observation (~1 hr)
Please contact Brandy Greiner, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
South City Community School admits students of any race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.